SPLM-N says Sudan army drone strike kills 45 civilians in South Kordofan
- 2025-12-01 12:08:38
KAODA – The Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N), led by Abdelaziz al-Hilu, on Saturday, accused the Sudanese army of killing 45 civilians, mostly school students, in a drone strike on a village in South Kordofan.
The SPLM-N said in a statement that the army “committed a massacre against students in the Kumo area of the Nuba Mountains,” adding that the attack left more than eight people severely injured, including women and children.
The Sudanese army has not issued a comment on the incident. However, media platforms loyal to the army stated that the air force targeted training camps and supply depots belonging to the SPLM-N in the Kaoda area.
The attack marks the first bombing targeting the Movement’s positions within the Nuba Mountains since the removal of President Omar al-Bashir in April 2019.
The air attack comes as the SPLM-N and its ally, the Rapid Support Forces (RSF), are conducting joint military mobilizations in South Kordofan state.
The two forces attacked the Kartala area, which is controlled by the Sudanese army, on Thursday and Friday.
The SPLM-N condemned what it called the systematic targeting of school students and unarmed citizens, noting the army had previously committed similar violations, including targeting students at Al-Hadra School and causing child casualties in Heiban.

