Pakistan Train Hijacked: What We Know About Jaffar Express Train Seize With 400 Passengers Onboard
- 2025-03-11 08:47:00

A Pakistan train with over 400 onboard has been hijacked by the Baloch Liberation Army. Majority of those taken hostage are Pakistani Army personnel.
A Pakistan train with over 400-onboard was hijacked by Baloch Libration Army (BLA) in Pakistan on Tuesday after they blew up the railway track between Quetta and Peshawar. The BLA has taken control of the Jaffar Express and held over hundreds of passengers as hostage. Majority of those who have been held hostage are Pakistani army personnel. The Baloch Libration Army has claimed full responsibility for the attack.
What we know about Pakistan train hijack?
Jaffar Express with over 400-onboard was hijacked in Pakistan's Dhadar, Bolan area when the train was on its journey towards Peshawar from Quetta.
Baloch rebels, who hijacked the Jaffar Express train, have threatened a mass execution of 150+ civilians. At least 6 Pakistani army personnel have been killed so far.
BLA claimed it carried out a planned operation in Mashkaf, Dhadar, Bolan after their forces blew up the railway track, forcing the Jaffar Express to come to a halt.
The BLA personnel swiftly took control of the train, holding all passengers hostage.
BLA said it is conducting a joint operation by the Majeed Brigade, STOS, and Fateh Squad-specialized units of the BLA.
A shadowy situation is currently underway in Bolan where the train has been seized. There are no signals as only wireless is working.
Reportedly Pakistan Security Forces have been dispatched to the area.
What Balochistan government said on Jaffar Express train hijack?
The Balochistan government in its first statement said that they have not been able to independently verify the attack, however, a spokesperson of the government mentioned that an incident of ‘terrorism’ had been reported but facts were still being ascertained as the area was beyond regular communication.
Jaffar Express was travelling to Peshawar from Quetta when it was attacked at tunnel number 8. Over 400 people from Quetta were heading towards Billawar.
A total of 7 people including 6 Pakistani army personnel and one loco pilot have been killed so far. The Pakistani government has dispatched emergency response teams to carry out a security operation.
Baloch rebels thwart Pakistani army
The Baloch Liberation Army said that it has completely repelled the Pakistani military's ground assault following the seizure of Jaffar express. After intense clashes, Pakistani ground troops were forced to retreat, but airstrikes from helicopters and drones continue unabated.
BLA issues final warning
The BLA has issued a final warning to the Pakistani government saying that if the aerial bombardment is not halted immediately, all 100 plus hostages will be executed within the next hour.
The BLA rebels further said that if the occupying forces attempt any military operation, the consequences will be severe.
All hundreds of hostages will be executed, and the responsibility for this bloodshed will lie solely with the occupying forces, they said. The rebels warned that any military incursion will be met with an equally forceful response.
Majeed brigade, STOS, Fatah Squad, and Zirab unit fighters are actively engaged in countermeasures, and any further military incursion will have catastrophic consequences.
The occupying forces still have a chance to cease airstrikes and save their men, or else the Pakistani military will bear full responsibility for the execution of all hostages, spokesperson for the Baloch Liberation Army Jeeyand Baloch said.
BLA releases women, children, army
According to the Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), all the women and children onboard have been released but Pakistani army personnel are still held hostage.
A heavy firing is underway between the Pakistan armed forces and BLA in Bolan. The commander of the FC (Sibi scouts) is en route to the scene with a squad of soldiers. An emergency has been declared at the Sibi hospital.